This QQI Level 5 Component award (Code: 5N1794) is designed to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment. The course is delivered by Health and Safety trainers who have knowledge and experience of the vocational area of the learners. The training is delivered in a method that is easily assimilated by the learner and, at the same time, ensuring that all learning outcomes are achieved.
- Health & Safety Overview
- The role of the Health & Safety Authority
- Health & safety Legislation
- Roles & Responsibilities of Employer & Employee
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessments
- Accidents & Dangerous Occurrences
- Safety Statement – Elements & Functions
- Fire Warden Training
- DSE/VDU Assessor Training
- Safe & Unsafe Working Environments
- Hazardous Materials, Waste & MSDS Sheets
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Manual Handling
- Personal Health & Safety – Lifestyle & Health
- Promoting a Safe Working Environment
Preferred Entry Level
For students to participate, QQI require that Students should have a QQI Level 4 Award, a Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification, and / or relevant life and work experiences.
- Course Duration: 6 days
- Course Assessment consists of 2 Assignments (2 x 30%) and a Theory Based Examination (40%)
QQI Course Code
The QQI Course Code for this Course is 5N1794.