Basic Life Support Course
Our AHA / IHF Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Training Course is intended for
- healthcare providers
- emergency medical technicians
- physical and occupational therapists
- medical or nursing students in training
- medical or nursing assistants
- other allied health personnel who work in either hospital or out of hospital environments.
The BLS Healthcare Provider Course teaches CPR skills for helping victims of all ages (including doing ventilation with a barrier device, a bag-mask device, and oxygen); use of an automated external defibrillator (AED); and relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (FBAO).
Course Tutors: All instructors are trained under Irish Heart Foundation/American Heart Association guidelines and courses are professionally run and monitored by the Irish Heart Foundation for continous high standards.
- Scene Assessment
- CPR (BLS – Basic Life Support) for Adults & Children
- Use of Infection Control Devices
- Bag Valve Masks -applications and use
- Obstructed Airway Management in Adults & Children
- Infant CPR
- Course duration: 8 hours (including refreshments breaks)
- Max: 6 Persons
Successful candidates will be issued with an IHF / AHA Healthcare Providers course completion card which is valid for 2 years